Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Elizabeth Warren's Speech, Part 1

Democrat Elizabeth Warren, a Harvard law professor, is challenging Republican Senator Scott Brown in Massachusetts in his Senate election next year.

Some time ago, she gave a speech at what appears to be a house party, which someone videotaped. The videotaper edited the speech and posted the edited video to You Tube. USA Today published an on-line article about how many people had viewed the You Tube video of Ms. Warren's speech.

My son posted a link to the USA Today article on Facebook.

My nephew, a lieutenant in the United States Army, posted a response to Ms. Warren's speech in response to my son's Facebook posting.

Such is how the internet works these days, I suppose.

I want to respond to my nephew's comments about Ms. Warren's speech, but they are so lengthy and Facebook is so cumbersome when used for lengthy discussion, that I decided to move it all here to A Moment's Pause.

This will occur in four parts. This is the first part, where I try to explain what I'm doing.

The second part will be the edited portion of Ms. Warren's speech, to which the USA Today article referred and, thus, the version of the speech to which my nephew was referring when he made his extensive comments. I have transcribed Ms. Warren's words from the video. I have tried to transcribe them literally.

The third part will be my nephew's comments about Ms. Warren's speech. Those are taken directly and unedited from his Facebook response to my son's posting.

The fourth part will be my response to my nephew's comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment